Research Development and Implementation
Galen McGill, Oregon DOT
Scott Marler, Iowa DOT
The Research Coordinators serve as the coordination point for the research needs for the Committee on Transportation System Operations. The Research Coordinators are also the liaison to other AASHTO committees, TRB committees, US DOT and other organizations on TSMO research. This is accomplished through the following tasks:
- Provide an on-line database for gathering TSMO research needs in collaboration with the National Operations Center of Excellence
- Coordinate with CTSO Work Groups to identify and prioritize research needs, develop research proposals, and promote research products.
- Gather input from CTSO membership on prioritization of research proposals.
- Coordinate and collaborate with TRB committees, other AASHTO committees, US DOT, and other organizations on TSMO research proposal development and research implementation.
- Serve as the CTSO point of contact for TSMO related research.